MOzark's Racing Logs

Talk about that last great ride or perhaps, the next one. Ride reports here.
MOzarkRider
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

So as most of you know I have started doing some off-road racing as a hobby. Local Hare scrambles are plentyful in these parts and I am up for the challenge and some friendly competition.
The way it works is, the competition is divided into classes based on skill and age. Its all done by individual, which means you pick your own class. The Classes follow the alphabet A, B, C, and D and the each letter has sub-divided classes based on skill and age. A+ or AA being the Pro class and A being the next one down and then A+45 is the over 45 age division in the A skill set range.

Me, I am not an A rider, I would probably fall into the D+ range. There is no D+ class so that moves me to the C class. The competition in this class is pretty stiff since most are trying to prepare for the B class, which is a money class.

The race format starts in heats divided by class. The series I am doing does engine-off starts, but you are seated on the bike. You start with your entire class on the line unless there are enough riders to warrant a staggered start (safety concerns mostly). We all take off and the race is on. The race is through woods, creeks, grass-track, and sometimes a special technical section. The race is against yourself mostly, and then against the clock. The goal is to complete as many laps as you can in the allotted time, usually 1-2 hours. The winner is the first to see the checkered having complete the most laps.

2 weeks ago was my first race, with the results posted in my Missouri Ozarks Revealed topic. I ended up not finishing due to a bad crash caused by faulty equipment. grumble grumble :piece:
Anyway the self-diagnosis was bruised tailbone/Ego... The ego healed quickly but the tailbone took two weeks. I thought it was going to take longer but I feel great and rode yesterday on my new bike. :Mozarkrider:

Here's the scoop the Missouri Hare Scramble Series (MHSC) starts this weekend right down the road from my house.
This will be the official start of MOzark Racing. Off-Road, head-to head, aboard my new KTM 200 XC-W. :drapheus:

So follow me right here for some racing!!! LETS GO RACING :moped:
"A life you don't live is still lost" Goo Goo Dolls
"Its not about the years of your life its about the life in your years" Abraham Lincon
92' Yamaha Seca II
14' KTM 200XC-W
Brian

This topic has 136 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login