Felginator's 1997 XJ600

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
Felginator
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

I picked up my 97 XJ600 about a month ago now - I bought it non running but the seller showed me it would turn over so I took a chance.

I did a quick cleaning of the carbs/tank. I cleaned the tank with EvapoRust, the stuff has worked really well for me in the past.

Bike runs pretty well but the carbs were mangled by the previous owner so I need to order a few replacements. I just ordered some new pilot jets and I will need to replace some O-rings in the carbs.

Cosmetically the bike isn't great - the front fairing is pretty beat up from being in storage and the plastics on the rear are faded. The tank paint is in nice shape though. I do have the belly pan, but it needs some repairs.

I am planning to eliminate the fairing since its condition is so rough. My brother and I are working on some headlight bracket designs and some other small parts in SolidWorks so hopefully I can get started on making those parts soon.
Last edited by Felginator on Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login