Romania trips

Talk about that last great ride or perhaps, the next one. Ride reports here.
MichaelX
One of the Regulars
One of the Regulars

After weeks of intense work at the office i felt the need to go on get some fresh air from the mountains, and what better way to do that than on a motorcycle?! Not just any motorcycle but the xj. So i hear we have another road, almost finished, in the area, that some say its like TransAlpina and this is called Trans-Semenic. So i take the wife put her on the back of the bike and onwards.. to the mountains. We stopped in Resita for lunch and a break. I tell her the fun is just is about to start (you have to say it so she keeps going). So we left the city and the twisted road begins passing thru the forest, air starts to be a bit colder and cleaner, first leaves start to fall, autumn is coming.. nice.
I decided to stop at Valiug dam, after we admire the views and lake for and relax for a bit, we continue the journey, not knowing how the road will be from there on. It starts with new asphalt some tight corners going along a river and then it opens up in the valleys with very tight U turns and S-es wow what a road, its the most twisted road i have been on, so twisted that someone could not keep the food inside and let it go in the middle of the road! It does not have scary drops but it has the corners and lots of them and no car traffic, i saw like 5 cars on the road. It has 2 unfinished 50meter sections but soon they will finish them. We reached the destination and turned around the same road. Overall it was a good ride, my wife loved it, she was scared a bit at the beginning but she got used to it and started to love it ;) . Its a very good road to study riding techniques, i made improvement in braking and cornering and she is not scared of corners anymore so it was a WIN :)
I hope this autumn to ride more of the country roads and if u like i can make more ride reports and even take pics.
I only wish i ran into this site sooner because with the information here i got the bike running like it should and as i wanted it and now i love it.
You can check the road on the link https://www.google.ro/maps/dir/45.28043 ... !3e0?hl=ro
Ride safe
Last edited by MichaelX on Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
1997 XJ600N Diversion
-Marving Master 4 in 2 exhaust system
-DID X-Ring Chain 520 VX-Gold 110 Link
-Oxford Adventure Style Heated Grips
-Pipercross air filter

This topic has 18 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login