Dane, Macna, HJC, Probiker and the likes...

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
arnehulstein
Yearns for The Scrambler

Ok, I have to admit that I need to take more pics to do the gear justice (all the others have done such a good job), but I wanted to do a review for the keychain, obviously. ;)

Ok, so that is me wearing some of the stack of gear I have gathered.

First off, the Dane jacket. It is lovely and comfortable. It has a gore-tex membrane and storm cuffs, so even when it is pouring, I am nice and warm inside. It has a removable liner for cold days, which means you can really use it year-round. I would buy a similar one again, but would like to have another jacket without the storm cuffs, as that does make the jacket quite hot.

For summer days, I have a mesh jacked. It has full protectors, but is mostly made out of mesh and really allows the breeze to come through. I actually don't know a make, but will try to find one so I can share that here. It is a bit tight here and there, but in general it is a very nice jacket.

Then I have a pair of Macna pants. I use those on colder days and on longer rides. They are nice and warm (have a removable liner for that as well) and have the necessary protection. The zip goes up beyond the knee, which makes it easy to put on and take off. And when treated right, it can be pretty water repellent. I have done long runs in it in heavy rain and wasn't soaked. So, happy about it.

I also have a pair of Dainese motorcycle jeans. They are nice and have protectors. I love to wear them as they are comfy and allow a good flow of air. However, I might be on the lookout for a pair with more Kevlar etc in their in the new future.

I have a pair of basic Dane boots. Pretty comfy and water tight. Nothing much exciting to tell about them, but they are good boots with two Velcro straps and a Velcro piece at the top of the boots. In the rain, they do pretty well.

I also have a pair of Probiker boots. They are nicer to walk on than the boots and they are nicer to wear day-round and give your legs a bit more air when riding. I recommend everyone to have a pair of higher shoes to have for riding. Makes it just a bit more casual. ;)

For gloves I have a pair of all season Grand Canyon gloves. I also have a pair of Probiker summer gloves. And a pair of Dane winter gloves with extra insulation and a Gore-tex membrane. All three are nice to wear.

Let me think... Oh, then the are the buffs. I have two. One is the normal version, but in Long Way Down livery. Obviously I needed to get it as I loved that trip. And then I have an orange winter one with a wind tight bottom part and a nicely woven top. Very nice and comfy in low temperatures. I rode it in -2C by accident, but it was very good.

Then the head. I had the Scorpion EXO-1000 helmet at first, but dropped that and it got an HJC SY-MAX III as a replacement. I liked the Scorpion, but it did get rather foggy inside at colder temperatures, forcing you to ride with the visor open. The HJC is much better that way. The pin lock does help tremendously, but the ventilation is also much better than the Scorpion. Though it could be even better if you could regulate more airflow through the helmet than it takes now.

That is it, I suppose. Don't have much more to wear on the bike. ;)
Last edited by arnehulstein on Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login