XJR-600 / SECA II.V

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
upsetter
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

First off, I love this forum! Everyone that posts has a good attitude and GREAT information. I have learned so much and am greatly appreciative.

I believe that XJR as a collective has defined and refined what I consider to be the XJR-600 / Seca II.V
So here is my take on the XJR blueprint.. thanks guys!!

I was pretty much given this bike. It had been stashed in a co-workers garage and then forgotten about. So i threw on the hauler and went to Compton to save it.

Some people can pull off a yellow bike.. it quickly was named the power ranger bike by my loving family.

I immediately started stripping it.

Pulled the carbs, pump and petcock. Everything was glued shut with petrol honey.

next, off with the tabs.

I wanted to paint the frame and went with the Tilos/Greenly bed liner black. I did it the baked potato style for now and will fix and improve as i go deeper into this bike.

Another bummer was the tank. Rusty and crusty, but luckily not to banged up. Check out my write up on electrolysis to see how I cleaned it out http://xjrider.com/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=5148

sanding and priming, priming and sanding.. it became a meditation practice for me

The tank was clean, flushed it as Radare advised and put in some Caswell tank sealer

I had found and received my Radian gauges from ebay. The speedo was damaged but funtional, so for $45 and some epoxy i got to work and was stoked.

threw the tank and seat on to get myself re-amped on the project

Now for the paint..oh man... this was my first attempt at it and I definitely was learning as i went along. I used Dupli-color deep saphire blue and matte clear coat. not perfect, but I'm happy! It looks like shark skin.

next, the headlight. I went with the 7" hornet ..$40 shipped. bucket got the bed liner black. Clamps were found by luck at a Orchards. not pictured are the single clamps used for the other side to make room for the front brake line.

bracket design had been on going. I wanted to use the lines of the bike in their design. I used 3/16 aluminum and a angle grinder, a couple of files and a drill press to make them.

time to put it together :Mozarkrider:

fitting gauges and doing wiring this weekend

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login