XJ600 Rolling Project Chopper ish

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
anon
New to XJR
New to XJR

Hi,

First post so be gentle :)

Purchased my '98 XJ600 Diversion S as a non runner for 240 quid around 18 months ago. Cleaned her up and refurbed the carbs and shes running OK. All in she only owes me around £300 which im pretty happy about.

Here she is:

Im a chopper/cruiser man and brought the Divvy to see me through until i can afford a custom, but then i thought why not just custom the Divvy. They are a great bike after all.

The plan is to chop off the tail and put a single seat in dropped down to as low as possible whilst still allowing enough clearance for shock movement. Handlebars raised and pulled forward with some arced risers. Move the foot pegs and assemblies forward on the frame to where the frame bends upwards in front of the engine.

Im still in the planning phase and don't have much money or room (my cousin builds custom choppers and so im hoping i can rope him and his workshop in).

Heres a photoshop of what i roughly want it to look like (image stolen and photoshopped from google):

I have some questions:

1). How difficult will it be to move the foot assemblies forward, and will it make changing gear difficult?
2.) How much clearance will the shock need between the top of wheel and bottom of seat?
3.) Any advice this prospective project?

Cheers

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login