Tire Models And sizes.

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Icarus
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

When i bought my bike a couple years ago i replaced the Tires for the exact size and Style they were before.
Front: Battlax BT014F 120/70Z R17M/C
Rear: Battlax BT45R 140/70-18

I am now in need of new tires but as a full time college student and living on my own money is not as accesible a i would like. since my beautiful XJ600 is my means of transportation and noticing the thread is all but gone i need to get new tires like NOW.

I have been looking online and see a few different types that fit sizes but the front and rear styles dont match (same company different model) could this pose a problem or as long as they are the same size it should be fine?
also can anyone reccomend a place to get the cheapest good quality tire.

Sorry to be asking alot but can anyone point me in the direction of the tools i may need to change the tires myself instead of spending 150 just on installation.

I have worked on cars almost my whole life but messing with my bikes scares me a little bit but i feel with the support of this community i could do it.

Thanks again sorry it was so long.
Lex.
-Lex-
Port Saint Lucie Florida
1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca 2

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login