Casper shows Petey around. (Not safe for 56k)

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Casper
Almost as Awesome as Murdock
Almost as Awesome as Murdock

Lack of pictures from my last trip made me want to go back and grab some more. This time, with Petey!

So, start off as usual, 2 hours late. Planned to leave again around 8, but didn't get done with bike maintenance until 3 AM. So, I left at 10.

First stop was a nice picnic area in the Pueblo area along NM 4. Nice clay bluffs and a pile of sticks.

Second stop was a place my parents took me when I was little. It is a natural dam that is pretty fun to play on as it has plenty of bouldering hand holds and isn't that steep.

A nice little cliff showing how willing New Mexico trees grow anywhere.

Third stop for the day was Battleship Rock. In certain areas, you can go climbing and rappelling. Lots of fun with some challenging runs.

Fourth stop was a wildlife preserve that looks like a dried up lake bed with life coming back. It is really awesome to ride to it as there is a nice large meadow right before it with a thick tree line and this vast expanse just visible over the road way. Once through the tree line, you follow the southern edge of this valley.

Unfortunately, the good comes with the bad and when fires sweep the area, nothing survives.

I have been very happy with how the SV has performed on these longer trips and think it deserves a few nice shots for the album.

There is a long stretch of NM 4 that is under construction with loose gravel in nice lines down the road and it takes some patience to go through them, but after a while, you get to where it opens up more and the road is in better condition. (Despite no center line and aging tarmac.)
This set of curves fascinated me last time and I grabbed a picture before heading on.

Another shot for the albums.

Not much that really captures the attention after that point until we hit the bottom of the crest and stopped to swap visors and take a few shots.

May recognize this road, just a bit better condition picture with more greenery. Petey was driving at this point, he loves the twisties.

At last, we reached the top and Petey was a little afraid of the drop past the wall, so he hid in a safe place.

Some scenic shots of Albuquerque during the day.

Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing.

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login