XJ 600n Pilgrimage

Talk about that last great ride or perhaps, the next one. Ride reports here.
mikee112
User Administrator
User Administrator

Well, May June and half of July was really wet, but at last we got some decent weather over here ( and as luck would have it, I'm off work this week :clap: )
85f, thats about as hot as it gets in England ( it's been hotter, but not often ) and around 72% humidity

I don't know how long this weather will last, so I thought I should make the most of it, and go RIDIN'

So first I went to the town of Chelmsford

The birthplace of Radio, an Italian named Guglielmo Marconi brought his invention to Chelmsford in 1896
http://www.rockradio.freeserve.co.uk/marconi.htm

And then on to the the Cricket ground, this is the Home Ground of the Essex County Cricket Team

I know all you Americans LOVE Cricket !!!! :huh:

This Stately Home is just outside of Chelmsford

Look at the SIZE of that pond !

And then on to the town of Colchester, this town is in the very North of the County of Essex ( ha ha ha, that makes it sound like it's 2 days drive........ it's not, it's only about 50 miles from where I live )

The Oldest Recorded Town in Britain !, there is not much evidance of this, although this Ruin looks pretty old

There is also a Military base here

Home to the 16 AIR ASSAULT BRIGADE

There is also a pretty good Zoo, I've been here a few times over the years

And finally on to the Holy Grail for my bike..................The dealership where it was born :thumbsup: All those years ago in 1999
Brings a tear to your eye don't it !

Well OK it's just a small time Yamaha dealership, on an Industrial Park out the back of a really old town
But it FEELS Kinda SPECIAL :not worthy:

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login