Project Blacktop

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
FireFox05
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Well, I guess I'll post some stuff.

I picked up my Seca from a Craigslist add on Thanksgiving day. I went to look at it and took a friend of mine who worked for years at a Honda dealer. He checked it all out, gave it a clean bill of health, and I laid down $500 on it the next week. After tax return and $1500 more, it was mine!!! This is my first bike. In some ways I am glad there isn't a giant aftermarket for these bikes, as I hope it will keep my mod-bug in check.

Anyway, here are some plans I have for the bike, probably stock up on parts this summer, and begin the build next winter.

1. FZR600 front and rear swaps with R1 calipers and FZR clip-ons, with the FZR front and rear wheels.
2. V&H pipes and jet kit, with some proper tuning, want to see 45mpg out of the old girl.... only getting 38 now.... Maybe go over entire engine, valve cover gasket leak discoved recently.
3. Corbin seat and new pegs.
4. Cosmetics: '01 R6 undertail, new paint scheme (REALLY considering something similar to Radare's Phoenix :thumbsup: ), SECRET custom headlight project, want to try and find some sleek, modestly small hardbags that I can paint to match the new color scheme.

Here's some pictures I snapped today. Please excuse the crappy phone pictures. I took them in a certain order and now they're all screwed up.

Last edited by FireFox05 on Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login