paint

The general Seca II forum. XJ600 centric but all motorbikes welcome!
sleekitwan
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region or State: yorkshire
Motorcycles Owned Currently: y2k Diversion 600 Naked

Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:33 pm

Colorite says

Dark purplish red cocktail #3. Or DPRC3 for short.

The swatch on screen looks lurid, dunno if it is a good likeness...🙃
Current bike year 2000 Yamaha XJ600N also called Seca II or Diversion 600. On an older bike air cooling is a blessing, no sludge and complexity of badly-maintained liquid cooling. Other bikes were: BMW K100 roadster; Honda VF750S Sabre with anti-dive.

sleekitwan
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region or State: yorkshire
Motorcycles Owned Currently: y2k Diversion 600 Naked

Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:19 pm

Okay, in looking to help the initial problem i think i just figured why the colour i painted my 'Rosie' with sometimes is alright and others seems off.

It all fits if i said my front fender or mudguard was the colour called 'graceful maroon' or similar, and the rest of Rosie is the year 2000 VCR7 or vivid red cocktail 7.

Suddenly, that fits, the colours are so damn close! Either the factory mixed them up or they did not have one painted the right colour and wanted Rosie out the door.

Other possibility is it had a small prang one day, but the forks were unmarked wheels too when i Bought her!
Current bike year 2000 Yamaha XJ600N also called Seca II or Diversion 600. On an older bike air cooling is a blessing, no sludge and complexity of badly-maintained liquid cooling. Other bikes were: BMW K100 roadster; Honda VF750S Sabre with anti-dive.

Navigation:

Search

Unread Posts

The Wall

Gallery

About Us

Call to Action:

Forum Images

Ride Relay

Cool Projects:

Predrag's Resto

Renegade's 93