Buying a XJ600 for the first bike?

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
RadekSkylark
New to XJR
New to XJR

Hallo guys :)

This summer I got my A category licence which allows me to ride all motorcycles.

Now I'm looking for a budget bike and found this: XJ600 1993 year, has 30k miles on it, rear tyre has to be changed, also the front plastic windshield has been cracked, but thats nothing major. Price = 780$. To register title on my name I'll have to pay a anual fee debt of 50$ + 50$ for this years fee and 40$ for registration.

Usualy these bike at this age at cost around 1350$. So, this is a good deal, if everythings ok, as the seller says it is. Of course there will be some minor things, I hope there wont be anything major, if not, I'll take it home. I hope I'll have the money till friday or on next monday, than I'll go to view it, and if its good, I'll buy it. I will need to take a trip of 100 miles total to view, though.

So I wanted to ask, what do you guys think about this particular bike? What are the main model specific problems on XJ600? What should I check particulary on this model when viewing it?

Thanks alot!

This topic has 11 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login