Riding as Safely as Possible

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
xjman
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just to start this new safety topic going I'd like to ask forum members to identify what type of accidents that they had over the years and whether they felt that these could have been avoided, i.e. looking back could you have lessened the result not withstanding that the cause might not have been your fault.

Me, for example, broke a leg and fractured an ankle when I was 18 because somebody turned across my path, well I could have been more aware that was a possibility, maybe I shouldn't have been going so fast and perhaps I should have tried to weave or otherwise make myself more visible.

The cops did the guy for driving without due care and attention and the compensation paid for me to do a postgraduate qualification (1 year) so it wasn't all bad :) .
Last edited by xjman on Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bender: I support and oppose many things, but not strongly enough to pick up a pen.

This topic has 12 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login