I think I love my XJ600, finally.

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
pohnee
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

So, I decided to by a motorcycle a few months back. Cash was limited, and I didn't want anything too big or fancy. I remember a friend of mine having a 83 Seca 900 in college and I rode it a few times. I remember I liked the way it rode and the compactness of it. Fast forward 30 years and I run into a 92 Seca 2 with 12K miles and damn near new looking for a small $650.00. What's to lose? I bought it and cursed it's sluggish performance and noisy vibrations and considered getting rid of it. I tinkered to my abilities and it is starting to pay off. I learned to let it warm up for 7+ minutes, took most all the plastic off and properly reattached it (the vibrations are mostly eliminated), and the payoff has been worth it. The last couple of short commutes to work I have really come to appreciate this little bike. It handles really nice, gets 45+mpg, looks cool and gives me a reason to hang out in my garage more. I have used this website a lot in my tinkering and thank all of you who have posted your experiences and advice, without it, I am sure it would not still be in my garage.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login