rear tyre choice for xj600 '91 ?

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
drago
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Hello!
As my "old" tyres is very old ( rear is dot - marked as 1993 year? :-O ). i decide to buy a new, because 90/90-18 front and 110/90-18 rear is very rare, and i cannot find locally second hand ones.
i already order Michelin Pilot Activ for front ( who, maybe not best choice, because it have no many central tread grooves, who is, i think, helpful on that country unpavned roads, where is time to time driving), and there is a question about rear tyre.
i have choices of
Avon AM26 - 67,-
Bridgestone BT45 - 72,-
Continental Contigo - 62,-
Continental TKV12 - 62,-
Dunlop ARROWMAX STREETSMART - 62,-

i drive mostly calmless, not hard and fast, mostly on asphalt pawned roads, but regularly some time ( about 100 or so kilometres in year) on unpawned country roads with sandy surface, where is sometimes hard to drive, because wheels hardly take a direction, and have some "float" on the sands. my everyyear driving distance is about 3000 - 5000 kilometres, and i also want a tyres who not very fast wear out.
what do you offer me based on that?

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login