'94 XJ600SF - $1,695? (USA)

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Siper2
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast

:greeny:

Hello! Yep, first post, and I'm even a new rider. No permit yet, though I am signing up for the PA Safety/licensure class within a few weeks. And the the collective forum says............ "Oh boy, here we go again!"

:drapheus:

Heh, just kidding. Anyway, I'm in my mid-30s and grew up around bikes. My father's been riding since he was younger than me, I've been to Harley rallies in Laconia, NH and just generally grew up around street and dirt bikes. I snowmobiled for 25 years at least, but never made the transition to wheels instead of a track.

Been thinking about it lately, so I started poking around. I always had an affinity for the Honda Nighthawks, 650 and 750 primarily. Then I stumbled upon the Yamaha FZ6R in reviews and videos, which led me to Craigslist and a few FZ6s. I was going to look at a couple '08 models nearby, and then I saw this bright yellow thing.............

A 1994 Seca II is for sale at a dealer near me:

http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/1994 ... -110602078
http://www.yamahatriumphofcamphill.com/ ... =Price&d=A

I'd never seen one before, so I went to look yesterday. It looked pretty good to me, and sounded quite different than I'd expected.... in a good way! 12K miles, new rear tire and the front is either new or close to it. I did note that the front brake pads look a bit low, but within limits since it has a new inspection sticker. They replaced a bad light in the display panel as well, pre-sticker.

Idle sounded pretty good, and the salesman revved it a bit for me. Not having a permit even yet (which is only $10 and a trip to a nearby PennDOT for a written test), I couldn't take it out.

So, it's $3K or so cheaper than most of the FZ6 models I've been seeing, which yeah look nicer but...... maybe keep it less expensive for my first ride. Save some :twocents: and make sure this is what I really want to do, and all. However... NADA and KBB list retail at about $1,000 or slightly higher, and I'm pretty sure I don't want to shoot myself in the foot by overpaying, possibly by a lot.

It's still an inexpensive first ride, but I'm not ripping myself off either. So, I'm looking for opinions. I asked if he'd come down, and so far the answer is no. I'll give it a couple days and see if he flexes a little.

In the meantime, the experts are always on the forums (I'm a long-time car forum vet), so here I am. :) Thanks in advance!

=S2=

This topic has 35 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login