Need help with 1993 Yamaha Seca II

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
93YamahaSerf
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

hi everyone! I'm new here. my name is Serafin. I am in SoCal.
a bit about myself. I'm 19 with a wyotech certificate& currently attending community college.
but as it is everywhere. gas is too much. My g35 sedan isn't easy on gas. and my Acura is too loud and bouncy.
so I decided it wa time for a bike. after looking for a week online I was driving home and came across a 93 seca II

the guy had no keys or title for it, it has 17k miles
I got it for 175$. after 150$ registration it is rightfully in my name.
some questions I have.
the guy said it needed carburators....
I've never owned a bike but it's the same thig as a car. but I don't know if it's missing any parts.
I managed to find an explanation online of what was suppose to be there. some stuff made sense. didn't seem to miss anything. I took apart the ignition switch and have te starter power as it cranked. so it's not seized and it was sucking air in.

there's 2 (throttle cable I think) wires coming from the center of the bike to the engine. I couldn't find where they went too.
and as for no keys, can I just get the locks re-barreled?
or do I need a new kit.
thanks in advance guys :D
I'll post some more info Tommorrow. I want it running so I don't spend 300$ a month on gas.
here's a pic of it
'95 Acura Integra LSV-SE. 500 hp build (Daily)
'91 Honda Civic EF (Sold)
'95 Acura Integra (Investment)
'04 Infiniti G35 5AT (Sold)
'93 Yamaha XJ600 (Soon to be Daily)

This topic has 40 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login