What did you do with your Seca II today?

The general Seca II forum. XJ600 centric but all motorbikes welcome!
TonyKZ1
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast
Region or State: Missouri, U.S.A.
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1997 Yamaha XJ600s Seca II
United States of America

Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:09 am

The Michelin Pilot Actives are great in the rain. I go through quite a few sets of tires, 12-15k a year will do that. The day after I installed the Michelins the first time, we had a heavy long rain. I was going down one of our city streets close to where I work at, the water running down the street was several inches deep and I didn't slip a wheel. I was quite surprised. I like these better not only for the traction but the longer life than the Avon RoadRiders, which I've also ran several sets of, they also worked fine for me just didn't last as long.
1997 Yamaha Seca II - mostly stock, Racetech upgraded forks, FZ6R rear shock, Oxford Adventure Style Heated Grips, Barkbusters Blizzard Cold Weather Handguards, a Scottoiler vSystem chain oiler. My Mileage Tracker Page.

mikee112
User Administrator
User Administrator
Region or State: UK
Motorcycles Owned Currently: '99 Yamaha XJ 600n
Great Britain

Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:03 pm

radare wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:52 am
Contemplated installing the custom gas tank on the Scrambler when I rebuild it this winter, just to add to the 'what the hell is it' factor. 'Cause it doesn't get enough attention already :!: (sad Mr. Ed).

Also thought about putting the R1 gauge cluster on the black/red.

Does that count??
and the Triumph mufflers on the Scrambler ;)

radare
Site Founder
Site Founder
Region or State: Rocky Mountains
Motorcycles Owned Currently: '92 XJR600, '92 Seca II
United States of America

Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:55 pm

mikee112 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:03 pm
and the Triumph mufflers on the Scrambler ;)
Yup! 8-)

MattP
Formerly spr1
Region or State: Silesia
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1996 XJ 600 Diversion
Poland

Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:55 pm

Slawenm wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:33 am
MattP what are the Pilot Active like in the wet/damp I have a pair of Avon RoadRiders on atm and it just gives me no confidence in the wet corning.

This is how bad they feel my GSXR has Pilot Power RS which are pure sport tyres and it feels better in the wet.

only put bout 4k miles on my RoadRiders they were okay in the summer but I feel the very cold weather is to blame for the sudden change in traction they just dont warm up. I'm wanting to change tyres before the worse weather for Winter kicks in.

Also I did the same thing I do with my Xj600 everyday ride it to work and back :)
In damp conditions they behave really well, when in full rain I tend to ride much slower (or rather stop and let the rain pass :P )
'96 Seca II
Matt

Slawenm
New to XJR
New to XJR
Region or State: Outside US/CA
Motorcycles Owned Currently: GSX-R Xj600 Diversion

Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:44 am

Thanks for the tyre info guys still not decided on changing them or not as I dont have much spare change left just before christmas.

Well today I order some bits for winter riding I have to commute on my bike all year round so the list so far is : Oxford heated grips, Brand new chain and sprockets, some handguards, front fender extender and I'm still debating on getting an Er6 rear shock.

Navigation:

Search

Unread Posts

The Wall

Gallery

About Us