Some questions about my seca.

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Seca2
One of the Regulars
One of the Regulars

Hi, just got a 94' seca 2, and it has some issues..

1st is that it runs rich, the previous owner said it got 110 miles to a tank... seems low. And the idle is kinda all over the place. It starts up, idles ok, warms up, and idles good around 1k rpms, if you snap the throttle, it will idle at 3k rpms, and at first I was thinking stuck throttle, cause high idle is usually running lean, and this wouldn't make sense.... but also rode it around and it was idling fine, and hit the front brake a bit hard, and the nose dove and it began idling at 3k rpms again....

Thinking the rich running is either a stuck float, or plugged air filter and the high idle might be something sticking?? Ideas?

And it has a 52 tooth rear sprocket on it, but I haven't had a chance to look at the front to see what my gearing is but it seems to top out at 85mph, is this due to the sprocket or it running rich?

Thanks,

Rick :kudos:

This topic has 14 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login