The elusive belly pan...

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
cafe_bill
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast

I see a lot of folks asking about and trying to track down a belly pan for the Seca. Though Yamaha sold one, used versions don't seem to be very available and most seem to be missing their hardware. Now there's the thread in the Classifieds for perhaps using a pan designed for the Seca's #1 enemy, the Bandit 600. (Blasphemy!)

So, not that I really want more work for myself, but I'm curious. How many folks really want a belly pan specifically for the Seca? What would a reasonable price for such an animal be?

I ask because I can both design and fabricate one. Now, I'm not interested in making money but I'm also not going to just give away my time and materials... But I'd think I can come up with a design that would be inexpensive for me to produce and that would be designed to fit to and mount to the Seca easily and nicely... Simplest would be for me to copy an original and add a mount to it, but I could also just start from scratch...

I'm thinking it's just one mold for the pan itself and a second one for the mount itself. I'd try and create the mount out of glass also so it would just clamp up to the lower frame rails, but I'd have to play with that. I'd want to make it as simple to construct as possible just because I'm lazy...

Give me your thoughts...
Bill
'07 FJR 1300
'02 Sportster
'97 Sportster
'96 Buell S2
'89/'95 Sportster
'92 Seca II

This topic has 21 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login