My other project bike arrived :) 06 Ninja 250

The general Seca II forum. XJ600 centric but all motorbikes welcome!
GAU-8
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region or State: Houston, Tx
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 97 seca II

Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:37 pm

Considering it's age, and what the prior owner tried to fix, from the prior owners to him. ( I am the 6th owner!) I am quite happy for the price of $250. :o. Alll legal, title included. It's a project bike, but it's also my girlfriends birthday present. :D.

Shhhhh!

I plan on it to either be girl colored stuff( she loves dragonflies)... Or darker. She loves dragons...(She is a huge fan of Game of Thrones.. ) so I have a few ideas to mess with. :ponder:

It did not run. After a battery swap, and a little TLC/elbow grease, carb soak, and a little patience... Runs like a champ!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TonyKZ1
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast
Region or State: Missouri, U.S.A.
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1997 Yamaha XJ600s Seca II
United States of America

Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:33 pm

Congrats! I had a white w/red striped '89 Ninja 250, loved it. Rare color, only in 1989, mine was the only one I had seen other than a couple others on the Ninja 250 forum. Rode it to 98k miles. I've since sold my service books for it, but if you need some parts I might still have some. I've got several engines for it, some sorta running, some are only parts. I especially liked the excellent gas mileage along with the large gas tank and the inexpensive tires too.

1997 Yamaha Seca II - mostly stock, Racetech upgraded forks, FZ6R rear shock, Oxford Adventure Style Heated Grips, Barkbusters Blizzard Cold Weather Handguards, a Scottoiler vSystem chain oiler. My Mileage Tracker Page.

radare
Site Founder
Site Founder
Region or State: Rocky Mountains
Motorcycles Owned Currently: '92 XJR600, '92 Seca II
United States of America

Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:53 am

Man, you have too many projects . . . said the pot to the kettle ;)

GAU-8
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:33 pm

Interestingly enough, if it wasn't by pure chance, both deals coming up for dirt cheap, ( and within a day ot two apart from my learning of them) I would have passed on them both. ( Ninja, and Seca II)

The seca will be a slow moving project, because I have to accumulate parts first, do a dry build mock up, tear it down, then blast and coat everything. Biggest issue is finances for the parts/prices.

The ninja, is easy, I have a ton of surplus from torn down bikes from one of my part time jobs. From that, I can clean up suplus parts, powder coat and do a swap out on each piece to the parts bin. "Plug and play" almost no real building. Just swapping out parts, and paint.

But yes. From ZERO bikes of my own in a few years to "yes yes yes! Projects!" I am busy.

Anybody good with photoshop/color schemes? I can do it with an app on my phone, and while a slick program, time consuming, simply due to screen size. I can come up with designs on paper, but want to see if it can be mocked up on a photo.

cafe_bill
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast
Region or State: Southern California
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 92 XJ, 96 Buell, 07 FJR1300, 02, 95, 97 Sportsters

Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:47 pm

GAU-8 wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:37 pm
I am quite happy for the price of $250.
After a battery swap, and a little TLC/elbow grease, carb soak, and a little patience... Runs like a champ!
Wow... In SoCal that would have set you back at least $1,000 in the condition you got it. With the only 14K miles showing on the odo and running, it would have been $2,000.

Deal of the century on a bike that's just a ton of silly fun to ride!
Bill
'07 FJR 1300
'02 Sportster
'97 Sportster
'96 Buell S2
'89/'95 Sportster
'92 Seca II

GAU-8
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:26 pm

Are you kidding? :o. ...crazy!

I'll add more in a bit.

GAU-8
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:41 pm

Very early design playing. As said in other projects page, she likes dragons/Game of Thrones, and dragonflys. Not any means settled on this. Just having fun..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

radare
Site Founder
Site Founder
Region or State: Rocky Mountains
Motorcycles Owned Currently: '92 XJR600, '92 Seca II
United States of America

Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:04 pm

GAU-8 wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:41 pm
Very early design playing. As said in other projects page, she likes dragons/Game of Thrones, and dragonflys. Not any means settled on this. Just having fun..
That's pretty good looking and it fits the angular design well.

GAU-8
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:15 pm

Started pulling a few parts, and grabbing spares. Did quite a bit of de-grease, wash, rinse, repeat... I love finding jewels under a crust of filth. ( better than finding damage/broken bits under a crust of filth!) Smaller pieces were sand blasted. Larger items wont fit in my blast cabinet. ( rims, swing-arm, and frame.)

Pics in a bit. I have to resize them.

Unit562
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region or State: Seattle, Washington
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1993 Yamaha XJ600 SECA II, 1984 Honda Magna V30
United States of America

Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:46 pm

Those 250 straight 4's sound GLORIOUS. I wanna video's when it's riding!
One bad idea fuels most Bike Nights.
My Civic isn't a lawnmower, it's a weed whacker. Get it right, gosh.

Navigation:

Search

Unread Posts

The Wall

Gallery

About Us