Arne's road somewhat traveled...

Talk about that last great ride or perhaps, the next one. Ride reports here.
arnehulstein
Yearns for The Scrambler

Ok, I thought I would just create a new thread to just dump whatever I am doing with motorcycles. This will be my generic thread that combines everything. Or most of it. Or at least some things. Just a thread to keep you guys slightly updated with all the stuff that is going on. I will still be updating the XJ550 thread as well, but this just makes it easier to dump whatever is going on. ;)

You all remember that I got my first first gen XJ600 right before I got my license:

Then I sold that and got myself a Honda Transalp:

That really got me more into motorcycling with its upright seating position etc.

A month or so in, I received an XJ550 as it was in someones way and I had -very little, but some- space in our garage. It has been a long journey, but it is slowly coming back together. Obviously, without blinkers, front fender or mirrors, I just had to take a picture of it next to a police bike. ;)

And then, at the end of the summer, I sold the Transalp as I really wanted to look for something a bit bigger with more power. It took a while before I could make a move on that and I am now slowly looking around to see what I can do.

I have a couple of requirements:
- Upright seating position
- Adventurous bike
- Nice to play with on the small roads
- Good for long road trips
- Able to venture off the beaten (or paved) track
- A bit more oomph than the old Alp

The downside is that I have a pretty tight budget. I would love to just run out and get a BMW 1100GS, but the budget doesn't stretch as far. I also appreciate Yamaha's XTZ750 Super Ténéré and Honda's XRV750 Africa Twin. Both sometimes turn up within reach, but are often over budget and even in the 1100GS range. :(

In the meantime I have ridden:
Aprilia Pegaso F650
Kawasaki KLE500
Suzuki DR650 (tuned to have 7hp more)

And I still have a Suzuki DR800 DRBIG on my list. I am interested to see what that is going to be like...
Last edited by arnehulstein on Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

This topic has 234 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login