Lisle Oil filter wrench - Best ever!!!

Homemade, custom and specialized tools that help make things easier
ride92
XJOTM July 2013
XJOTM July 2013

Went to change my oil a few weeks ago since I was running a bit low anyhow and had one heck of a time getting my oil filter off. I ran out quick and bought one of those cup style wrenches but that just spun on the end of the filter, useless! I also tried using my smaller rubber strap wrench that I have been using on the cars filters for some time, that broke! That filter was really on there tight. I ran out to my parents house and barrowed my dads filter wrench, that thing never fails. While I was out that way I stop at the small local parts store and picked one up for myself.

It's a Lisle 63600 Import Car Oil filter wrench. The wrench has a cam like mechanism that opens around the filter and as you turn with a 3/8" ratchet it "bites" into the filter, the harder you turn, the harder it grips. I like this one better then some of the others out there as it seems quite robust and has four points of contact as opposed to three that some others of this style has. I highly recommend this filter wrench to anyone who has ever stuggled with getting their filter off. It cost about $10 and is made in the USA!!!

Pictures:

Check out my build of "Project Sonar": viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3048

"'Having somebody help you doesn't mean you failed, it just means you're not in it alone."

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login