My new LED rear light

Gear, accessories, gadgets, etc that make your ride more enjoyable.
Slawenm
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region:: Outside US/CA
Motorcycles:: GSX-R Xj600 Diversion

Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:01 am

I bought and fitted a smoked LED rear light unit from Germany cost roughly 52 euros I was a bit sceptic about how good the unit would actually function for the price.

I've had it on the bike for about 3 months now riding in England in ALL weathers and its held up great. What impressed me the most is all the wiring colours, lengths and connections perfectly matched the original yamaha unit.

Its not rusted corroded or let any water in at all in 3 months of harsh British weather I went for the smoked option but do believe they do a clear lense LED one too. I and some people I ride with agree it really makes the rear of the bike look more modern and as its a straight swap it must have taken me in total 20 minutes to change the unit over.
I threw on some small Halogen indicators while I was doing it but I think I'll be swapping back to some larger Halogen type in the near future as I'm not a huge than of them long rubbery stalks on the originals.

I'll take some pictures once it One stops raining and Two I clean my bike a little Here is a link to the website for anybody interested.

https://www.lights4all.com/TAIL-LIGHTS- ... moked.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Renegade
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region:: NJ - New Jersey
Motorcycles:: 1993 Yamaha XJ600S

Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:23 am

Looks real nice, can't wait to see it on the bike. I was actually considering building an LED unit of my own. Of course that was before I found out they existed for our bikes. Lol.

Lots of pics when you get the chance please
Renegade
My YouTube
"In the day we sweat out on the streets of an runaway American dream,
At night we ride through mansions of glory in suicide machines..."
Slawenm
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region:: Outside US/CA
Motorcycles:: GSX-R Xj600 Diversion

Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:54 am

Pics up now Could only attached 4 per post my light is slightly dropped due to them little soft bushing the bolts go through being so worn out.
I have actually ordered a new set from a Yamaha Parts dealer but wont be installing till I swap back to some larger rear indicators.

Navigation:

Search

Unread Posts

The Wall

Gallery

About Us