TrailTech 7" rugged LED headlight up for pre-order

Gear, accessories, gadgets, etc that make your ride more enjoyable.
Siper2
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast
Region or State: Pennsylvania
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1994 Yamaha XJ600SF

Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:42 pm

Hey all! I'm here with a parts announcement. :thumbsup: I installed a TrailTech Vapor on my Seca II last year, and yesterday was on the webpage looking for something and saw that they have a new product available. A 7" rugged LED headlight.

Here's the info: http://www.trailtech.net/7-inch-led-headlight

Image and text from that page (there's a YouTube video too, but the music is terrible :o ) :

Introducing our NEW universal fork mounted, low power draw, waterproof (IP67 certified), high output, 7” LED Headlight. The large format reflector design ensures extreme lighting performance, projecting deep into the darkest night. The rugged aluminum housing provides protection in harsh riding conditions. Trail Tech’s rigorous field testing gives you the peace of mind to ride confidently. This 7” LED Headlight comes complete with everything needed for a simple installation.

Call our Customer Service team to Pre-Order your's today. Let’s Ride!

Universal fit
Full wire loom included
Waterproof switch included
Voltage: 9-32V DC
Operation temperature: -40°C~60°C
Lumen: 4700lm
Lifespan: 50000 hours
Waterproof rate: IP67
I shot off an email to the chap at TrailTech who'd helped me a LOT with wiring up the Vapor, regarding price and general info. Here's what I got back:
Right now it is looking like the pricing going to be $325.95 but that is not set in stone yet.

This light is extremely tough. We have been doing testing on it for almost a year to make sure of this before releasing it for sale. I personally run one on my KLX300 and love it.
So there you have it. There's quite a handful of LED headlights out there, but most I've seen are bike-specific to newer models, or cheap eBay knockoffs. I thought this might be a good option for anyone shopping!

=S2=

radare
Site Founder
Site Founder
Region or State: Rocky Mountains
Motorcycles Owned Currently: '92 XJR600, '92 Seca II
United States of America

Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:36 pm

Thanks for sharing. $325 isn't a bad price for what you get. These would look awesome on a scrambler conversion.

Siper2
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast
Region or State: Pennsylvania
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1994 Yamaha XJ600SF

Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:40 pm

radare wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:36 pm
Thanks for sharing. $325 isn't a bad price for what you get. These would look awesome on a scrambler conversion.
You bet! I was watching chaseontwowheels' Wrecked Bike Rebuild series where he installed a Motodemic LED light on the Ducati, and it looks great but is quite expensive as I recall. (Checking the site now, $400 is the very low end with zero options... a lot of their stuff soars up to the $900+ range.) The $300 price point, especially if includes everything TrailTech mentions AND is that rugged, seems a lot more reasonable.

If you've not seen chase's stuff, or the WBR series (this is the first), it's pretty entertaining. He is **NOT** a good mechanic, but for me it's amusing because I thought **I** was bad!! :lolno: He did the light in episode 8.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw2ZaWFQZAY

Navigation:

Search

Unread Posts

The Wall

Gallery

About Us

Call to Action:

Forum Images

Ride Relay

Cool Projects:

Predrag's Resto