Acessories advise

Gear, accessories, gadgets, etc that make your ride more enjoyable.
Camarinho
New to XJR
New to XJR
Region or State: Azores
Motorcycles Owned Currently: Yamaha Xj 600 N

Fri May 19, 2017 6:38 am

Hello everyone
I saw online a custom XJ600 and looked for the same acessorie over-and-over and no avail, so I was wondering if you could tell me what bike is from the part present in red arrows in the first pic.

Secondly I would like to buy a windshield from aliexpress.I have the XJ600N with the original headlight and I was wondering if it will fit my bike. Has anyone purchased the ali windshield? is it any good?

Cheers
18575705_1737139539636330_967271813_o.jpg
18596663_1737140819636202_134666144_o.jpg
Sem Título.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SpeedRacerOnline
Buyin' the Goods, Online!
Buyin' the Goods, Online!
Region or State: Michigan
Motorcycles Owned Currently: '92 & '93 Yamaha XJ600S, '74 Suzuki TS185 Sierra
United States of America

Fri May 19, 2017 8:18 pm

I'm not sure what that rear hugger is off of originally, but I think I've seen it here on the forums. Do some searching for "rear hugger", and I bet you'll find it.

Aliexpress isn't a brand. It's an online flea market of sorts. It's like the Chinese knock-off version of Amazon...full of Chinese knock-offs. Shopping there is always a gamble. Some of the stuff is good stuff at cheap prices, and a lot of it is cheap stuff at cheap prices. It's hard to trust the reviews too because many of them are obviously sponsored or just plain doctored. I don't want to scare you off of it, because I'm known around here as the guy who loves "Experimental" Parts, but I would caution you to shop a carefully there. I bought some small electrical parts there before, and they were a good deal, but hard to mess up anyway. My wife bought a swimsuit there once, and it was obviously designed for tiny Asian women regardless of the size on the tag...and very cheap material, too. I've not heard of anyone getting just plain ripped off, just disappointed in knock-off quality sometimes.
"I want to drive. I want to feel all of it: freedom, wind, curves, feedback, acceleration, unsteadiness, fear, joy... I don't want to ride. I want to drive."
- Speed's XJ Journal

MattP
Formerly spr1
Region or State: Silesia
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1996 XJ 600 Diversion
Poland

Sat May 20, 2017 7:59 am

Re: hugger HERE's the thread with some pictures.
We've got a manufacturer here in PL that is selling XJ600 fitting ones in white (around 35 Euro) www.plastbike.pl
'96 Seca II
Matt

predrag80
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast
Region or State: Romania
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1998 Yamaha XJ600S

Sat May 20, 2017 11:58 am

That's a good site. Of I knew before I wouldn't mess with TDM850 hugger. Now, I'm almost done modifying TDM 850 hugger. Anyway, do you have some pictures? I can't figure out how it is bolted on right side.

I think that a nice add on would be DIY chainoiler, made with an electrovalve and a timer. Does anyone have? I had one but sold it. Now I want to make one similar. Or perhaps a vacuum controled one, like scottoiler?

MattP
Formerly spr1
Region or State: Silesia
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1996 XJ 600 Diversion
Poland

Sat May 20, 2017 1:10 pm

predrag80 wrote:
That's a good site. Of I knew before I wouldn't mess with TDM850 hugger. Now, I'm almost done modifying TDM 850 hugger. Anyway, do you have some pictures? I can't figure out how it is bolted on right side.
There you go (ignore the dirt and chickenstrips :oops: ):

And here's the problem with not covering the chain I mentioned earlier
predrag80 wrote:
I think that a nice add on would be DIY chainoiler, made with an electrovalve and a timer. Does anyone have? I had one but sold it. Now I want to make one similar. Or perhaps a vacuum controled one, like scottoiler?
Yep, it's also on my mind. Unfortunately I have two left hands when it comes to any kind of mechanic work on the bike (except twisting the throttle ;) ). So I may have to ask one of my mates to help me. I've got a few "walkthroughs" bookmarked though.
'96 Seca II
Matt

predrag80
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast
Region or State: Romania
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1998 Yamaha XJ600S

Sat May 20, 2017 1:36 pm

Thank you very much. These immages helped me a lot. Unfortunately I can't modify it in order to have the same connection.

Try to put original chain cover and the hugger on top of it.