Gear, accessories, gadgets, etc that make your ride more enjoyable.
- Site Founder
- Posts: 8530
- Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:42 pm
- Region or State: Rocky Mountains
- Motorcycles Owned Currently: '92 XJR600, '92 Seca II
- Location: Denver, CO
I'm in the market for a tool roll that I can stick in my new sidebags to keep a good assortment of tools for the Scrambler. Specifically, i'm thinking of one with pouches so I can fit in wrenches and roll it up. Something like this, but maybe smaller:
Inside, I'm thinking I'd include:
- 10mm wrench
- 12mm wrench
- 13mm wrench
- 14mm wrench
- 17mm wrench
- 24mm wrench (for axle nut)
- 4mm metric hex key
- 5mm metric hex key
- 6mm metric hex key
- 8mm metrix hex key
- Small combo ratchet (1/4" and 3/8" drive)
- 8mm socket
- 10mm socket
- 12mm socket
- Spark plug socket
- Shock adjusting tool
- JIS screwdriver
- Small flat-blade screwdriver (for pilot jets)
- Needle nose pliars
- Sheetrock knife
- 1' of 1/4" fuel hose
- 5' of 12 gauge wire
- Spare fuses
- Zip ties
- Roll of black electrical tap
- Small tire irons
- Tube patch kit
What do you all use and what tools do you recommend?
- Global Moderator
- Posts: 1398
- Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:07 pm
- Region or State: North Colorado
- Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1996 XJ600N, 1991 Suzuki DR350
A little flashlight
Tire plug kit
CO2 cartridges and inflator or a small 12v pump
4-6 nitrile gloves
A couple condoms - Can be used to seal something off from water or mud or grit. In a real emergency, they can hold a surprising amount of fuel if supported by a shirt or towel. Maybe use some of the less exotic ones.
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.
- XJ Enthusiast
- Posts: 866
- Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:15 pm
- Region or State: Missouri, U.S.A.
- Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1997 Yamaha XJ600s Seca II
- Location: Marble Hill, MO. U.S.A.
^^ Need a like button for that.
1997 Yamaha Seca II - mostly stock, Racetech upgraded forks, FZ6R rear shock, Oxford Adventure Style Heated Grips, Barkbusters Blizzard Cold Weather Handguards, a Scottoiler vSystem chain oiler. My Mileage Tracker Page
- New to XJR
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:23 am
- Region or State: Constanta
- Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1998, Yamaha XJ600S Diversion
- Location: Romania
How long is the spark plugs tool?