Not worth buying list

Gear, accessories, gadgets, etc that make your ride more enjoyable.
Bigfeet51
Keeps up on the news!
Keeps up on the news!
Region or State: LONG ISLAND NY
Motorcycles Owned Currently: Yamaha Seca II 92
St Lucia

Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:29 am

Not sure if this is the correct area for this thread, so please let me know if I am wrong for placing this here. I've noticed that many of us in the past have purchased certain items for our motorcycles and regret it afterwards. I created this thread for items that we can give some input on so that others won't make that same mistake.

I just recently purchased these mirrors and I love the way they look on my Seca but DO NOT PURCHASE THESE MIRRORS
The mirrors has screws that you tighten to keep the mirror in place, but after going 50 mph the wind shifts the mirror out of place.

Nelsonmd
FAQ Moderator
FAQ Moderator
Region or State: New England
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 92 XJ600S; 2002 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom

Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:30 am

Add this to my old Aftermarket Mirrors thread. I posted a couple detailed reviews there and a couple others added their own reviews. It's nice to have all the reviews in the same place.

At least post a link to this thread in that thread.
NelsonMD's 92 XJ600 Project Thread

M̶y̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶l̶o̶v̶e̶:̶ I don't love her so much anymore... NelsonMD's 4Runner Build Thread

New (primary) ride: 2002 Suzuki V-Strom 1000

arnehulstein
Yearns for The Scrambler
Region or State: Goes, Netherlands
Motorcycles Owned Currently: BMW R 1150 GS
Netherlands

Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:06 am

Though I do like the idea of a "don't buy this crap" thread. :)

Siper2
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast
Region or State: Pennsylvania
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1994 Yamaha XJ600SF

Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:24 pm

I've got one to contribute. I was poking around Amazon for a RAM mount alternative, and figured I'd give an inexpensive one a shot. I have an old Android I've converted to GPS-only duty (via a factory reset and offline maps app), and needed a case to fit a phone roughly the same size as an iPhone 4. Plus the mount.

I happened upon this one. The mounting system itself didn't seem too bad... all plastic, so not too robust, but the problem is the way the case mounts to the mounting arm. It's just two very small clips, that would literally come undone whenever you hit the first small bump.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AN4DM2K

No dice, don't bother. I sent it back. There are dozens of this kind of knockoff mount system, out there.