Motohart Heated Grips

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Slartibartfast
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast

Hi

My good lady wife got me a set of heated grips for Christmas :clap:

They are the same ones as these from Motohart.

Fitting isnt too difficult, as long as you have a little by way of technical aptitude - the instructions dont give much more than what coloured wire does what, and there is a bag full of adaptors that at first glance all look the same! I wish I'd taken some photo's but I just never thought at the time :oops:

Anyways, the physical fitment to the bars isn't too difficult: removing the old grips was the hardest bit. As long as you take your time and work out which bits are which first its fine! The left hand grip is a very snug fit on the bar, with the throttle grip I had to wrap a little tape around the bar for the end to be a snug fit. The whole of the throttle tube is replaced with the new grip.

In terms of wiring, all fairly straightforward. If you look at the bottom of the fuse box there are two empty connector points after the ignition (so they are only on with the ignition) so run a wire from there to the grips. For the ground, any point with less than 1 ohm resistance between it and the negative cable battery connector (which you should have disconnected at the start) will do, I used the mounting point for the airbox.

On an 8 mile ride to town this morning (its cold enough to snow) on the first setting they were more than enough, havent even tried the hot setting yet as I didnt need it!

Seem like great value at 30 quid :-)
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login