Helmet Upgrade

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
LeighTower
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast

This is my new hat. My CL-16 has kept me covered for the recommended amount of time and has a few minor drops notched on its belt, so it was time to update. The CL-17 here fits just as well to my head as the CL-16 did, one of the many reasons I chose to stay with HJC. The CL-17 is reviewed as having an improved airflow with more vents than its sibling. To be honest, I must be immune because I've never felt much difference with any helmet. The wind noise is comparable, but the first thing I took off was the nose breath deflector. I use a Pinlock and don't need it. The CL-17 seems to have better defined ear pockets, though I am still working to optimize speaker placement in them. All in all, I'm a big fan of the "Mission" graphics, though I don't understand the derivation of the name! The helmet style is also a notch above the CL-16, but I'm having a hard time doing the "correct" and recommended thing in destroying the old helmet, particularly even though I never ride 2-up.
Best ride ever taken? The last one. I live for the next.

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login