Wireless mic only for iPhone recording with vidometer

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
MrJoel
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast

Ok guys, most of you know I'm on a budget with the whole seminary thing and the special needs kiddos. But I've fixed up an old iPhone 4s, and made a handlebar mount for it to be my pov camera. I was blown away by what it can do when running the vidometer app and just thought...why not?

My problem is that I want to record voice for instructional videos or motovlogging or horrible jokes or whatnot. I don't want to run a cord to the helmet and was wondering about tech guys and their opinions/options for a Bluetooth mic. I was thinking of going with a Bluetooth transmitter and a matched receiver going into the iPhone. Parts look to be about $30-40 but wanted all y'all's opinions. Has anyone else on here run this? How else can you run non-helmet mounted pov cameras and sound without recording to a separate device and syncing the video/audio later?

And by the way, if you want a pov camera and have an old smart phone...vidometer is pretty cool! You can overlay a gps map of your ride, have your speed, G-force, height and lean angle all displayed on the video! Not to mention all the recording speeds you can film at!

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login