TCX X-Cubed riding boots

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Nelsonmd
FAQ Moderator
FAQ Moderator

Just bought a pair from Revzilla fora bout $140. I was looking for a light comfy boot that came well a over the ankle, and was dextrous enough to not make it hard to tip my toes under the shift lever and also walk around in off the bike. The X-cubed boots seem to fit all these requirements very well.

I have put about 200 miles on them so far, and my initial review is that these are great. Very comfortable, very good balance of dexterity and support, and as a nice bonus, they kind of look like shoes when walking around. I wore them the entire work day yesterday and they felt fine.

As far as disadvantages:
They are lace up, which isn't as quick and easy as straps. The laces are pretty tall, so it can be difficult to get the bottom end tightened, and then getting them loosened is a bit of a pain, but the lace grommets are very low friction, so they do tighten up easily.

Because of the laces it is a little tough to get my foot in and out.

The sole is a bit thin, much thinner than a normal shoe. They feel fine on the bike, but they definitely feel thinner than I expected.

Sizing: I normally wear 10.5, but revzilla only had 10's and 11's. I ordered 11's as I was worried that too small was worse than too big. They are probably a little big, they fit well for me if I tighten the lower section of the laces almost all the way tight.

Anyway, I am pretty happy with them so far. They check all my boxes. I am not sure if I would go down to 10's if I had to order them again.

Here are some pictures:

NelsonMD's 92 XJ600 Project Thread

NelsonMD's 4Runner Build Thread (Rusted out)
2002 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 (gone)
2004 Vespa ET4 (sold)

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login