THH TX-26 Helmet and Pro Biker Gloves

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Detonation
Hungry Like the Wolf!
Hungry Like the Wolf!

THH TX-26 Helmet

I got this on sale a 48% Discount for £41 ($68.79 USD) down from £79.99 so it is the cheapest helmet i have ever bought, so as you can imagine i was skeptical waiting for it to be delivered.

It has all the British Standard marks and i would say its of the same quality as Shark Helmets which i imagine most people know of.

The THH TX-26 is one of these helmets that is sold as just a blank shell with the foam inside for other company's to put there own padding in and designs on.

It is the same helmet as the:
THH TX-26
SPADA STING
FLY TREKKER
AFX FX-39

And Probably Many More.

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.

Good Points:
It's well made, the plastic is nice and thick for a cheap helmet (I have seen cheap helmets where the plastic is barely thicker than paper and has split when hit with a hammer)

There is very little to no fogging up of the visor at all even when fully closed, i don't know if this is due to the bigger gap around the mouth guard section but there is no increase to wind noise with the bigger area around the mouth.

Nice wide viewing angle (i find the viewing angle on this helmet is significantly larger than your standard type of helmets.)

It is Very Comfortable once on (There is no points that are pushing on your head unevenly and there is no 'Empty' feeling spaces.)

I like the buckle on it, its a clip style one but its more like a zip tie as in you pull it threw and it clicks in about 20 different positions like a ziptie does when you pull it threw, then to undo it you pull a little material tab and you can pull the clip back the opposite way to how it went in with no resistance.

The Peak Keeps 75% of the rain off the visor (i was out in a torrential downpour the other day, something that would have made it impossible to see threw a visor without a peak, yet it didn't bother me at all in this lid)

The Bad:
The cheek pads are scratchy when putting the lid on, its fine once on, but putting it on can leave your cheeks feeling a little sanded, admittedly i'm still breaking the lid in though.

At about 60mph you can feel the peak is there due to the wind, its not enough to be annoying, or cause any ache, but you can feel its there.

The Ugly:
They don't seem to sell the tinted visors in the UK any more and its about £80 to get one in from the US.

Pro Biker Summer Gloves

I Also bought these cheap at £13.50 ($22.65 USD)

I bought these as my winter gloves are just too thick for use past march, i'm one of these people that gets very angry and snotty when i get too hot, so i had to look for a cheap alternative, now i have fat ol' hands so i was worried about spending big money on gloves online so took a risk with a cheap set.

I'm usually a XXXL in gloves but there sizing chart put me at a XXL so i took the risk and went with there sizing chart, that way it was there fault if they didn't fit, but they where a perfect fit.

The Good:
They fit the shape of a hand very well ( there was no areas that where a little baggy or a little tight as you usually get from cheap stuff, it fits the shape perfectly.

The wrist strap is padded which is very comfy, (that's something i've heart people complain about on cheep gloves before, that the wrist strap was just a thin bit of material or even plastic and its cut or irritated them)

The Vents don't push cold air in, they seem to suck the warm out, so even on the colder mornings i wasn't getting cold hands.

Have a good combination of soft and hard armor (I've seen cheap gloves that have just put hard plastic everywhere on the gloves and called it armor and its just looked and felt horrible, but these don't do that.)

The Bad:
Those little balls all over the underside of the gloves, its fine whilst riding, but when your in slow to non moving traffic, your on the brakes and clutch lever allot, you start to put allot of weight on the bars and you can feel them, now that wouldn't bother most people and i know they even do grips with them on, but its something i personally don't like.

Ill just post a little about my jacket, not a full on review but a few points.

This is my Frank Thomas Jacket, i got it at the london bike show back in 2009 for about £30 down from £120, i also bought the matching trousers but there in storage.

2 days after i bought these and about £600 worth of other gear, boots, jacket, trousers, helmet, gloves etc, i lost the front end of my CBR 600 i had bought 1 day before after applying the brakes and when i let go and put the power back on the brake didn't release (i later found out from a mechanic the previous owner had bought it in the previous week and knew about the problem when selling it to me)
but any way back to the jacket, this is a fully armored jacket, shoulders, elbows and back (Armor is out at sec as just washed it)

The Jacket is extraordinarily warm even without the inner jacket, as for the protection, the material was rather good, the armor was perfect, but the stitching, ohhhhh the stitching, the zipper that holds the jacket to the trousers came off at the stitching causing the jacket to ride up leaving me with road rash on my stomach, the stitching also tore on the arms.

It was only a 40mph off so it wasn't even that fast.

I stitched some of it back up to make it slightly more presentable.

The Trousers which are the same make and are the matching set to the jacket did not come undone at the stitching in the slightest so, i don't know if its the manufacturers are shoddy them selves or if my jacket was just a bad one off.
1992 Yamaha XJ 600 Neikiddo

Build Thread

"Nitrous is like a cheap hooker, you want to hit it but are scared of the consequences"