Fly Jacket, HJC Helmet, Icon Gloes, Cortech Gloves

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Dubbs
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

So I don't have really great pics of my gear, but I will post pics from the vendor websites.

Helmet: HJC IS-MAX BT

This is my first helmet, and I have to say I like it. Love the modular aspect of it, makes it way easier to take on and off with my glasses. I love the sun shade that comes with it. I didn't want a tinted visor since I am just starting to learn to ride, so this makes a perfect trade off for that.

I do have some issues with fogging but not to often enough to say it is an issue. I am for sure with the Pinlock Lens it would be even less chances of it fogging up.

I really like the air flow. I don't think I have had any issues with sweat or anything like that. All the padding on the inside is really easy to remove, which is both a great things and a curse at times. I have noticed a lot of times that my ear pads unbotton. I don't know if this is because of the design or how I take off and put on the helmet. Overall I would say it is a great helmet.

Gloves: Cortech DX2

The Cortech was the first pair of riding gloves I picked up. Before this I was just using some Mechanix Gloves I had laying around. I have to say, this pair of gloves were great. They were nice and light, and my hands didn't sweat that much in them. They allowed for a lot of flexibility, and felt great while wearing them. I had my first crash in them, and they took all the damage that would have otherwise gone to my hands. Looking at the damage that was done to the glove after the crash, it is amazing how well they protected against the impact.

Icon Twenty-Niner

After the crash, my girlfriend asked that I "better" gloves. While I felt the Cortech gloves did what they were designed to do, which is to take the impact rather then my body. As I was going to replace the Cortech with another pair, but the store didn't have the size I needed, and she said she would worry less if I had a leather style glove. My only concern with a leather glove is breath ability. The Icon Twenty-Niner is a nice balance between both. They have leather palms, but mesh backing. So it allows for the air flow, while giving more protection then just a padded palm. I have only had these gloves for few days at the time of this post, but I have grown to love them. They are very comfortable. The only complaint I have right now is that they seem to "stick" to the grips due to the leather. I don't know if this is something that will go away after use, if it was the warm night I was riding on, or if that is just something I will have to deal with. While most people most likely wouldn't notice the sticky factor of the gloves, it was something I noticed while driving one night for a little while.

Jacket: Fly Air Mesh

I feel in love with this jacket as soon as I put it on. I love the way it feels, and how comfortable it is. It is a fully mesh jacket, with armor for the back, shoulders, and elbows. Like most riding jackets, is has a removable liner on the inside, which comes with it's own small back to carry it in. This is a great addition I think, because I can store it under my seat in case I am ever out riding and it gets cool out, or if I have it in and I get a little hot. I can pull over and remove/add the liner at my will. The breath ability on this jacket is amazing. I rode with it on, and got up to about 65 MPH, and it felt like I didn't have the jacket on at all.

Some other things that I like about it, is that the armor is up gradable on it. I also like the style of the jacket. The style is more like a normal jacket rather then a riding jacket.

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login