HJC, Scorpion, Firstgear, Thor Gear!

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
mcaninch35
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Alright, here we go. First up, my helmet.

It's an HJC CL-16 that I got a few years ago for $116. It's done well by me, even through all of my abuse. It's comfy and it flows a bit of air, and I really appreciate the Snell approval. It's getting a bit beat up and the lining has packed in a LOT, so I'm in the process of replacing it.

My gloves- Scorpion Magnum. I like these well enough, they're comfortable and don't get too hot. They aren't as protective as I'd like, but I also only paid $35 for them brand new, so I won't complain too much.

Boots- Thor 50/50 dual sport boots. Paid somewhere around $80 around 5 years ago. I originally bought them for quad riding and have transitioned them to the street. They're comfy and flow some air, but aren't waterproof in the least.

My pants are Firstgear Mesh-Tex, the 2010 version. These cost me $110. They're full mesh and have CE knee armor with foam hip armor. No liner. They flow a lot of air and are comfortable, the only thing I don't really like is that they don't have a full-length zip down the side. They are my first pair of motorcycle pants, and I had no idea that that was a feature I'd want!

Lastly, my jacket. It's a Scorpion Ventech that I paid $99 for. It's also full mesh, so it's very cool, and it fits me well. It comes with a rain liner and has CE elbow and shoulder armor, although the backpad is the typical chintzy cheap-jacket variety. I like this quite a bit, but will need something else when it cools down.

Not pictured: my cheap throwover rain gear, and my earplugs. I always wear plugs when I'll be riding at any real speed for long. Overall I like my setup quite a bit, and I feel like I paid a fair price for it!

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login