Gear on a Budget: JTS Jacket, SIDI boots and AGV helmet

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
mikee112
User Administrator
User Administrator

I think a lot of people on here bought an XJ because they, like me, had a limited budget ( and you do get great value for money with an XJ :) )
So I also had a limited budget for buying gear ( I had been away from bikes for around 25 years, so had to buy all fresh gear )......... here's what I got;

JTS, Leather jacket, I think this is pretty much a budget brand, but the leather is thick and seems good quality, it also has padding in the elbows and shoulders and a pocket for a back protector ( I don't have a back protector in it :oops: )
I use this jacket most of the time, especially if the weather is colder
I paid £30/$50 for this jacket secondhand from ebay.......... very happy with it :thumbsup:

My second jacket I bought brand new from an independent discount motorcycle clothing store, think I paid £40/$68 ( all the gear was end of line stuff, and budget brands ), this jacket is textile and has vents that you un-zip so this is the jacket I use in hot weather, it also has hard armour in the elbows and shoulders and reflective piping, the quality is not great but I only wear it occasionally so it's OK

My jeans are another budget brand, I got them from ebay ( brand new ) for £30/$50, they have Kevlar panels in the lining and removable armour in the hips and knees, they're OK but they get a bit hot when the weather warms up

My boots are again secondhand from ebay, they are a good quality brand ( SIDI ) and they fit really well but are starting to look a little tired now, ( I think I paid £30/$50 for them ) these boots are not very comfortable if you have to walk along way ( I usually take some trainers/sneakers in a backpack if I think I will need to walk, once I reach my destination )

Now onto gloves, the first pair I got from the same discount store as my textile jacket ( I think they were £20/$34 ), I wear these if the weather is a little chilly..... the second pair are from ebay ( I think £15/$25 ), I wear these when the weather gets warmer, both pairs of gloves are OK, but as you would expect not as good a quality as top brand gloves

And lastly my Lid, it's an AGV so it's of reasonable quality although it is not a "top of the range" AGV.... it is comfortable if a little noisy, but has vents for the hot weather and I like AGV helmets ( I've had them in the past ), they seem to fit my head better than some other brands, I paid £120/$204 ( I got the dark visor and a clear visor with it ) and I love the paint job on it :)

and my trusty 30 year old helmet bag ( can't remember where I got it from or how much it cost...lol )

It's hard to say From my point of view how GOOD all of my gear actually is because the last time I had gear was back in the 80's ( stuff has certainly gotten better since then...hasn't it :huh: )

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login