Review your Gear, get a new XJR Keychain!

Gear, accessories, gadgets, etc that make your ride more enjoyable.
radare
Site Founder
Site Founder
Region or State: Rocky Mountains
Motorcycles Owned Currently: '92 XJR600, '92 Seca II
United States of America

Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:43 am

I'll be putting in an order, today, for 50 XJR keychains. That's right, folks; one of these fancy, new-fangled beauties can be yours, free of charge.

Here's how you get one. Take a couple of good photos of your gear (helmet, jacket, boots, pants, gloves, etc) and post a good, honest review. Tell me what you like about it. Tell me what you don't. Tell me if you'd buy it again and how much you paid.

Post up a writeup with those pictures you took above, PM me your address, and I'll get a keychain and an XJR sticker in the mail to you. That's right, free goodies for some gear review.

Detonation
Hungry Like the Wolf!
Hungry Like the Wolf!
Region or State: United Kingdom
Motorcycles Owned Currently: The Rust Bucket

Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:11 am

Oh Goody, my misses ordered me a new lid and gloves yesterday for my birthday so perfect timing, admittedly though my jackets been down the road.
1992 Yamaha XJ 600 Neikiddo

Build Thread

"Nitrous is like a cheap hooker, you want to hit it but are scared of the consequences"

mcaninch35
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region or State: Ohio
Motorcycles Owned Currently: '97 Seca ii

Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:39 am

Awesome idea! I'll be all over this this weekend.

MOzarkRider
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Region or State: Tucked in the Corner
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 92 Yamaha SecaII // 14KTM 200XCW

Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:05 pm

I am really enjoying the gear reviews keep em coming :thumbsup:
"A life you don't live is still lost" Goo Goo Dolls
"Its not about the years of your life its about the life in your years" Abraham Lincon
92' Yamaha Seca II
14' KTM 200XC-W
Brian

xjman
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Region or State: Thame nr Oxford UK
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1990 XJ600F

Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:33 am

here's my stuff, all pretty low key reflecting my 63 years i suppose - at my age i don't really care too much about what i look like on the bike :)

caberg konda helmet around $70 now superseded - now had this 4 years and got through about 5 visors - like all flips you get some wind noise but serviceable - budget end of helmet range.

leather jacket from the former communist block/east europe bought on eBay, can't recall but it wasn't a lot as nobody else bid!

Image akito, the range above the rainbow type strides, about $40

waterproof trousers which have actually proved waterproof, you really do need waterproof gear in the UK for sure, it rains alot!!

Image spada preditor

boots also bought for waterproof qualities!, these were seconds so reduced price, not that expensive. reasonably comfortable.

Image buffalo

Image frank thomas

gloves, winter and summer - both OK, i wear inner silk gloves when it gets really cold, neither have ripped or worn badly - fairly bidget items.

outer jacket - my old polyester work highway hi viz - ok but a bit tight to do up to the neck.

also a french macna type reflective waistcoat type jacket that i wear over the leather jacket

inexpensive neck brace which i wear with a scalf or neck tube if going higher speeds as it helps prevent neck ache.
Bender: I support and oppose many things, but not strongly enough to pick up a pen.

Trialsstar34
XJOTM June 2013
XJOTM June 2013
Region or State: Kansas, USA
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 97 Seca II / 95 Seca II / 2013 GasGas 300 Race

Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:29 pm

Since i havnt been riding very long i havnt had a chance to acquire much riding gear.

But heres what i do have:

Helmet is a hand-me-down from my brother. id guess its about a 5 year old shoei. i really love this helmet, not too heavy and since i walked away from my first wreck, which i did hit my head, i feel like it offers very good protection as well.

Jacket is also a hand-me-down from my brother, its an older shift mesh jacket with hard shells in the elbows and reinforced pads along the spine.

Gloves are Made by fly racing,basically brand new, due to the fact that they were only a week old when i wrecked last summer. but they are a very light weight mesh glove, really nice for riding in the hot kansas summer months.

Check Out my Build Thread viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3001
Drapheus wrote:Yea that cam chain goes slappity slap slap rattle rattle slap rattle slap slappity
Or something like that
Noises with Drapheus, yyayyy

xjman
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Region or State: Thame nr Oxford UK
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1990 XJ600F

Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:38 am

just like to add another item to my gear catalogue, this head scarf..

ARMY DESERT TAN SAND ARAB SHEMAGH SCARF

no i'm not thinking of becoming a terrorist!!

it's actually brilliant, obiously you tuck the surplus lower part into your jacket, scalf on first then jacket

it is a square cloth, got the notion off a female rider in a club i used to belong to,

good thing is you can breath without fogging the visor as much as is the case with neck tubes because the cotton material and looser fit help.

if you are interested here is the reference, not the one i bought but there are loads similar on offer with eBay at good prices

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ORIGINAL-SHEM ... 43b0a14ee0
Bender: I support and oppose many things, but not strongly enough to pick up a pen.

arnehulstein
Yearns for The Scrambler
Region or State: Goes, Netherlands
Motorcycles Owned Currently: BMW R 1150 GS

Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:52 am

Bender wrote: no i'm not thinking of becoming a terrorist!!
LOL! :D

Nelsonmd
FAQ Moderator
FAQ Moderator
Region or State: New England
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 92 XJ600S; 2002 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom

Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:23 am

Here's my gear:

Helmet: Joe Rocket, clearance at motorcycle superstore. Not much to say, it's a helmet. It's comfortable. The visor pops out on one side sometimes when I lift it. It doesn't seem to fog up my glasses if I keep the breath guard in place. All in all, I am happy with it.

Jacket: Texsport textile jacket. It has soft armor in the elbows, shoulders and back. It is pretty comfortable and has a zip-out insulation layer. I wear it all year round, sometimes just into december. With the insulation in it doesn't quite cut the wind enough to be sufficient to ride through november, so I have to put another jacket underneath it. Alot of wind comes through the zipper as it doesn't have a zipper flap. With the insulation out it is very airy and as long as I am moving I stay quite cool. The interior pocket stitch got a big hole in it, so now if I stick something in there it falls into the jacket itself. It has a zipper to attached to pants on the back.

Aerostich AD1 pants: These things are expensive, but awesome. The sizing chart is a little off, it says they are sized to fit over pants, but i ended up having to return the first pair and go a full size up from my normal pants size. The exchange was easy, and customer service good. The pants themselves are very heavy duty (and hot, ok while riding, but they are not cool pants, they do have a light version though). They feel very solid, have no visible defects, the seams are all very straight, everything seems about perfect. The pockets are very well thought out (at least the thigh pocket are, the hip pockets aren't really any good for storage while iding) and aren't uncomfortable when full. There is reflective material at the bottom, and full length zips along the sides so you can zip them on and off without removing your shoes and without them having to be way oversized, and no wedgies. You can choose upgraded armor, but I went with mid grade soft armor. I also got the hip pads that are extra. I wish the hip pads came with the pants, especially for the price, but I do feel more protected with them despite them being pretty small. All in all great pants, and even though they cost me about $400 total, I don't regret buying them and i expect to wear the for a long time.

Olympia 734 Digital Protector Motorcycle Sport Gloves: My second set of olympias. I like them alot. They are light and cool, comfortable, and my last set lasted about 5 years. These have the hard knuckle protector on them which I was worried about when I first got them as i have borrowed a couple pairs of gloves with a hard knuckle protector before and the inside lining had always worn through and become very abrasive on the knuckles. These have not yet worn through or become uncomfortable at all. Both sets of olympia's have had very good dexterity and feel, so I will keep going back until I find something better.
NelsonMD's 92 XJ600 Project Thread

M̶y̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶l̶o̶v̶e̶:̶ I don't love her so much anymore... NelsonMD's 4Runner Build Thread

New (primary) ride: 2002 Suzuki V-Strom 1000

SpeedRacerOnline
Buyin' the Goods, Online!
Buyin' the Goods, Online!
Region or State: Michigan
Motorcycles Owned Currently: '92 & '93 Yamaha XJ600S, '74 Suzuki TS185 Sierra
United States of America

Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:56 am

radare wrote:Here's how you get one. Take a couple of good photos of your gear (helmet, jacket, boots, pants, gloves, etc) and post a good, honest review. Tell me what you like about it. Tell me what you don't. Tell me if you'd buy it again and how much you paid.

Post up a writeup with those pictures you took above, PM me your address, and I'll get a keychain and an XJR sticker in the mail to you. That's right, free goodies for some gear review.
Does an old review qualify? I haven't bought any new gear recently. I did do a big write-up on my new helmet last year, though, and I just went and added a 1-year update to it. Anything to get free XJR swag! :thumbsup:

G-Max GM54S Helmet
"I want to drive. I want to feel all of it: freedom, wind, curves, feedback, acceleration, unsteadiness, fear, joy... I don't want to ride. I want to drive."
- Speed's XJ Journal

Navigation:

Search

Unread Posts

The Wall

Gallery

About Us

Call to Action:

Forum Images

Ride Relay

Cool Projects:

Predrag's Resto