Helmet Sizes

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
SpeedRacerOnline
Buyin' the Goods, Online!
Buyin' the Goods, Online!

I decided to start shopping for a decent helmet for the kids, as all they have right now is an open-face motocross helmet. Of course, sizing is difficult anyway, even harder in kids sizes, and downright confusing from one brand to the next. So, I did some extra work and simplified the process a bit by making a cross-reference chart of the listed sizes for each of the major brands. I figured if it helped me, it might help you, too. It's a pretty large image, so right-click and open it in a new tab and/or download it if it's hard to read here.

Notes:
  • - Inch/Centimeter measurements are the circumference of the head about 1 inch above the eyebrows.
    - Actual youth sizes are indicated with a "Y" preceding the size, i.e.: "Y M" = "Youth Medium". A size that does not have the "Y" ("XS", for example) in the youth section indicates the adult equivalent size where there was no actual youth size listed.
    - As with any apparel, these sizes are a guide only. Helmets are made differently, so try before you buy.
Last edited by SpeedRacerOnline on Fri May 23, 2014 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I want to drive. I want to feel all of it: freedom, wind, curves, feedback, acceleration, unsteadiness, fear, joy... I don't want to ride. I want to drive."
- Speed's XJ Journal

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login