Just got myself a Hitcase for filming on the bike

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
arnehulstein
Yearns for The Scrambler

I have been looking at getting a camera on board for a while now. I bought one of those key chain things, but never actually got around to mounting them. Then I have some new Nokia phones, but there is hardly any waterproofing equipment for them. Navigation and camera on the Lumia 1020 are awesome, but alas, as there are no nice packages to use it on the bike, it doesn't work.
With 2014 a week old, I received an iPhone 5S. A telecom company owed me something and a 5S was nice compensation. So, it landed on my desk.
The beauty of the 5S is that it has a camera that shoots a max 30fps at 1020, but it also offers 120fps at 720 slomo option. And the other beauty is that loads of accessoires are available for the 5S. So, after a bit of a search, I found out that there is a perfect conversion kit to turn the 5S into something resembling a GoPro. And so I bought a Hitcase last Thursday and it arrived this morning.

Toys!

I included a motor mount with the purchase, so I can mount it to the handle bars. Which I did this afternoon. I didn't take any pictures of the iPhone 5S mounted to the bike, but it did do a short test run.

[youtube]qQ-SaVJwn40[/youtube]
The iPhone case is mounted to the handle bars and is quite stable. However, the picture is shaking about, so I might need to find another place to mount the camera for serious video. But the current mounting point is great for navigation. And that is another great use that the 5S has as an advantage over the GoPro. ;)

This topic has 27 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login