Aftermarket Windscreens

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Full Circle
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thought I'd post up my experience shopping around for an aftermarket windscreen.

I came across this company from Australia Screens for Bikes. If you search google for reviews on the company, everyone had great things to say.

In their products, they listed screens for the seca II's but had no pictures. I figured what the heck, I sent a quote request for a 94-96 (u.s/canadian years) model screen in Dark Tint. About a week after I sent the request I got this response...

Hi Adam
Sorry for taking so long to answer your email but I really wanted to finish off a screen to show you a photo of one.
Price of the 94-96 XJ Seca screen in any colour in the last attachment $80.00 AUD
Freight to Canada $35.00 AUD
Total cost $115.00 AUD
115.00 Australian Dollar = 110.055 Canadian Dollar
Freight time is approximately 15 days from time of posting.

Sounds like he whipped one up for the pics. Here they are...

ImageImageImage

Well, long story short, I decided to order one. I like the protection I get from the stock screen and although I've posted before about some touring screens I was looking at, I decided to keep the stock look.

This screen doesn't have the slit cut in the groove that the stock screen does. I like the look of it as one solid piece and Peter, the person who responded, said he could cut it out for me if I wanted. I declined and if it turns out that the wind buffeting is too much, I'll get it cut out here.

I'll review the screen when it arrives, and once I try it out, so far though, Peter was fantastic to deal with via email.

...more to come

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login