TomTom Rider: Motorcycle Specific GPS Unit

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
radare
Site Founder
Site Founder

Since I do a lot of longer distance riding, I routinely carry a GPS unit with me (as well as a state atlas and book of topo maps). For Christmas 2010, I received a TomTom Rider 2 GPS unit. Its specifically designed for motorcycles and came with a charging unit/holder, a RAM mount and a Caddo blue-tooth headset and will pair with my cell phone, allowing me to hear the directions, talk to it and also make & receive phone calls. It's water resistant, vibration resistant and pretty accurate.

I don't use the bluetooth feature much and don't even have the headset mounted to my helmet anymore. I just didn't like having someone give me directions while riding. I do, however, use the little GPS unit tons. Its onscreen directions are good and it'll get you home if you get lost in suburbia.

If you do a lot of riding and find a chance to pick up a used one, I'd highly recommend it!

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login