180s "Helmet" Phones

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
LeighTower
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast

I found an interesting solution to enjoying ride tunes. My helmet is nice and snug, just the way I like it. But it makes for an impossibly uncomfortable use of any kind of earbuds (not a big fan of them anyway). I found this very comfortable and decent sounding set of audio earmuffs at a Brookstone outlet ($15 - normally $25). They are thin and tight enough to get my helmet over them with only a little repositioning afterwards. I'll try them on the road tomorrow, but I can tell already that the sound is nice.

So here's a question for anyone who has an opinion - how do you stay connected to your ride when all your ambient surrounding sound is replaced with music? I always have something on in my car, but I've never had the desire to wear headphones when driving for just that reason. Now here I am considering this for the bike! :what:
Best ride ever taken? The last one. I live for the next.

This topic has 13 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login