LS2 FF351 crash helmet

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Slartibartfast
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast

So I recently decided that it was time for a new lid. Since buying the divvy I've been using an old spare, a Takatchi TK100, which is uncomfortable, noisy and old.

Previous lids were nearly all AGVs, although my last one was a Caberg. I've never bothered buying Arai/Shoei etc as I dont believe in paying extra just for a name (especially after the SHARP testing system was introduced in the UK and my £120 Caberg outranked virtually every £500 Arai and Shoei tested)

However budget constraints meant that this lid needed to be a serious bargain, and as I enjoy bargain hunting and haggling, off I went with a miserly budget of £50.

Step 1 was straight over to the SHARP test website, determined to get at least a 3 or preferably 4 star helmet. There are a suprising amount of 4 star crash helmets in this sort of price range! I narrowed it down on aesthetic grounds to a VCAN lid, a BOX lid (that had an awesome magic roundabout design on it) and the LS2.

Next stop ebay, and found a local seller that had the LS2 available in store, so I could try it on pre purchase and remove the hassle of potentially returning a poor fitting helmet through the post. These lids are a bit on the generous side, I'd be an XL in an AGV or Caberg but only need a large in LS2.

Anyways the helmet fits me perfectly. Its very light at 1300g, a good bit lighter than my current helmet. It has a ratchet strap, which is good - I hate D-ring types, they're a ballache with cold fingers (I live in Scotland, get cold fingers in the summer here) and a fully removable washable liner. It feels really good, the liner, nice and tactile. The build quality overall seems tip top, it certainly feels the equal of the Caberg V2 that I had. It only has two vents, chin and forehead, that are shutable, with the usual exhaust at the back. Oh yeah, you can order fog free visors, pinlock visors an bluetooth kits for retro fitting.

The only thing I havent done is ride in it yet :( so the only fly in the ointment could possibly be the noise levels (assuming it can drown out Lamb of God on full volume :grins: )

So it seems a cracking choice for those on a budget, and stand by for an up date next week when I get out with it on!

PS I went for the plain white one; too many naff designs in the past that I ended up disliking, and black ones just boil your head if it gets hot
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login