Riding Pants

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
MOzarkRider
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I know most of you probably just ride in jeans and I do too for the most part but I do have a pair of riding pants for when it is cold or raining or both...

What pants do you wear while riding? What are the features that you like/dislike about the pants?

I usually ride in jeans in the warmer temperatures and dry weather. But jeans dont really offer that much protection from the cold, the rain, or from the road in case of an accident(god forbid). So I purchased a pair of HT Overpants from FirstGear They have a removable Liner that is super warm. and the pants are also waterproof from the outside so no rain liners. They also have vents you can open for warm weather and I would not feel uncomfortable with shorts under them. They have knee Armor and sinches around the ankle to keep rain out. I have rode in 40 degree Rain and 18 degree cold and the pants are warm and dry I think the pants with the liners could make it down to single digits. The rest of me might not tho... Here is a picture of me on that 18 deg ride:
1217110903.jpg
I like pretty much everything about the pants except that when Im wearing them I feel like the Michilin man or the Jugernaut lol... If they had adjustment straps to hold them tighter to your leg that would be nice...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MOzarkRider on Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A life you don't live is still lost" Goo Goo Dolls
"Its not about the years of your life its about the life in your years" Abraham Lincon
92' Yamaha Seca II
14' KTM 200XC-W
Brian

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login