Online Gear & Accessory Shops

What makes your ride better? Gear, accessories, gadgets, etc that make your ride more enjoyable.
radare
Site Founder
Site Founder
Region or State: Rocky Mountains
Motorcycles Owned Currently: '92 XJR600, '92 Seca II

Online Gear & Accessory Shops

Post by radare » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:10 pm

How about a thread for Online Gear and Accessory Shops that are highly rated?

I typically buy jackets, helmets, pants, etc from Motorcycle Gear. They routinely have good deals, have great customer service and I like that I get a gift certificate if I review an item and post a picture.

I typically buy parts from two sources: Motrcycle Superstore and Bike Bandit. Motorcycle Superstore typically has a good assortment of aftermarket parts (tires, etc) while Bike Bandit stocks OE parts (with diagrams).

EDIT: I've recently began purchasing stock items from Ron Ayers as their prices are quite a bit better than BikeBandit. They also have a better parts fiche and give you the part numbers. If you need stock Yamaha parts, give them a shot.

That being said, tell me: Who do you all like to use when buying gear online?

Super-Mario
One of the Regulars
One of the Regulars
Region or State: Pennsylvania
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1995 XJ600

Re: Online Gear & Accessory Shops

Post by Super-Mario » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:48 pm

Gear & Misc stuf (Chains, sprockets, grips, etc.) = Rockymountainatvmc.com <-- Best prices and free 3day shipping over 100$. Best customer service ive dealt with ever.

Honda Parts = Service Honda (Discounted Prices + they have a lot of discontinued parts.)

Yamaha = Bob traceys world of cycles (ok CS and shipping times) Discounted prices though! OR Bikebandit (List price :( )

I usually try to go through my local dealer to help them out, but some times they just rake you over the coals.
-Mario

MOzarkRider
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Region or State: Tucked in the Corner
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 92 Yamaha SecaII // 14KTM 200XCW

Post by MOzarkRider » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:19 pm

For lots of clothing and gear Ideas with up to date video excerpts on the gear I like browsing Revzilla:http://www.revzilla.com/ Sometimes the prices aren't too bad either...
"A life you don't live is still lost" Goo Goo Dolls
"Its not about the years of your life its about the life in your years" Abraham Lincon
92' Yamaha Seca II
14' KTM 200XC-W
Brian

xjmike
One of the Regulars
One of the Regulars
Region or State: North East
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1998 xj600

Post by xjmike » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:10 am

I like http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/StoreFront.bokthey have great prices and the videos help, similar to revsilla.
- Mike

SonnyB
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region or State: Georgia
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1992 Yamaha xj600 SECAII

Post by SonnyB » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:31 pm

radare wrote:How about a thread for Online Gear and Accessory Shops that are highly rated?

I typically buy jackets, helmets, pants, etc from Motorcycle Gear. They routinely have good deals, have great customer service and I like that I get a gift certificate if I review an item and post a picture.

I typically buy parts from two sources: Motrcycle Superstore and Bike Bandit. Motorcycle Superstore typically has a good assortment of aftermarket parts (tires, etc) while Bike Bandit stocks OE parts (with diagrams).

EDIT: I've recently began purchasing stock items from Ron Ayers as their prices are quite a bit better than BikeBandit. They also have a better parts fiche and give you the part numbers. If you need stock Yamaha parts, give them a shot.

That being said, tell me: Who do you all like to use when buying gear online?
I realize this is a long dead post I am resurrecting but I must say thank you. After I purchased my Scorpion Departed jacket I had been looking everywhere I knew of trying to find the SAS-TEC SC-1/15 Back Protector Insert it was designed to use as the upgraded CE rated protection. Last night looking through forum I read this and checked out motorcyclegear.com and found it in stock

webman94
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region or State: arizona
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1997 Yamaha Seca II

Post by webman94 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:37 pm

I had excellent service from Revzilla when I picked up my Bell Bullitt helmet last winter.