Dark Smoke Shield vs. Sun-glasses

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
LeighTower
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast

Guys,

Someone should be able to answer this question. :help:

I currently own an HJC CL16 helmet with an HJ-09 clear shield and clear Pinlock anti-fog insert. When it's sunny out, I take off my eyeglasses and wear my prescription Ray-Bans. I've got a Christmas gift certificate that I've been thinking of putting towards an HJ-09 dark smoke shield and either a clear or smoke-tinted Pinlock anti-fog insert. My thought is that swapping the complete clear shield/Pinlock duo with the dark smoke duo will give me a better ride on sunny days (I don't like swapping out just the Pinlock anti-fog inserts because it really messes with the vacuum effect, and the HJC CL16 shields are quite easy to swap in and out).

The question has to do with the darkening effect of the dark smoke shield vs. what I get with my Ray-Bans. Does anyone use a dark smoke (or other color) shield for sunny days? Would the combination dark smoke shield with the smoke-tinted anti-fog insert be TOO dark? :safe:

Thanks for pondering this for me! :greeny:
Best ride ever taken? The last one. I live for the next.

This topic has 13 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login