Pinlock Faceplates

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
LeighTower
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast

Those of you who haven't heard of Pinlock must live in Southern climes that never get cold enough to fog up your full-face helmet. When I bought my HJC helmet, it came with one of these little wonders. I promptly attached it to the inside of my faceplate and never looked back. I didn't know how good it really was until I bought a new faceplate (the original one was scratched from a 1" fall to cement :yikes: and leaked a high-pitched whistle on the left side because I probably kept opening it without understanding the locking mechanism, breaking something in the process). I attached the new faceplate (sans Pinlock) and rode the last 10 miles in a turn of the weather that brought cold, damp air to the end of my otherwise beautiful autumn commute home. I wound up riding much of that final leg with my face plate up because I couldn't keep the damn fog off it. It was the witching hour on a dark twilight night where oncoming headlights look like a haze ring around the moon! :duck:

So what's YOUR special anti-fog secret? This one's mine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvB5f8bJ6Ck
Best ride ever taken? The last one. I live for the next.