Riding Boots

Gear, accessories, gadgets, etc that make your ride more enjoyable.
radare
Site Founder
Site Founder
Region:: Rocky Mountains
Motorcycles:: '92 XJR600, '92 Seca II
United States of America

Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:21 pm

I own two pair of riding boots: a worn out pair of Sidi Vertigo's and a pair of Sidi Strada Air's. I'm having the Vertigo's resoled as I type this. Sidi's street boots tend to have thin soles and I cringe each time I take the boots through the mud or in the snow. I'm thinking I should get a pair of dual-sport or dirt oriented touring boots. I've looked at MX boots but they seem too stiff for a guy to walk around in comfortably.

Do you all have any suggestions on DS boots? I've been eyeballing the Gaerne G-adventure and the Alpinestars Scout boots but each are above $250 and I'm having trouble spending that much on boots that I'll likely destroy. So let me reask that question: Anyone have any suggestions on DS Boots in the $100 to $200 price range?

Or maybe a dually reasked question: What boots are you all using (pics are good) and do you like them?
1Oldman
XJ600 Master!
XJ600 Master!
Region:: West Coast
Motorcycles:: 1993 Yamaha Seca II

Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:07 am

Back when I rode full time we just wore engineer boots but that was before all the specialized gear. Basically they protected our ankles if we went down and kept the water out when it rained and they were inexpensive.
http://www.leatherup.com/p/Xelement-Bik ... 42095.html
Better to be over the hill than under it.
azman857
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast
Region:: Arizona USA
Motorcycles:: 1992 XJ600 Seca II 1980 XS 650SG '78 KZ 650 C

Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:25 pm

I recall paying about $100 back in the '80's for a pair just like those. Steel toed too. Put a few miles on them with my rides.
I don't have a plan and I'm sticken to it! 1980 XS 650 SG, 1992 XJ 600 Seca II, '78 KZ 650 Custom.
"We should be going nowhere fast!" by Fire Inc on Streets of Fire soundtrack
swartz77
One of the Regulars
One of the Regulars
Motorcycles:: 1993 XJ600 NakedConv

Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:42 pm

I'm wearing a pair of Double H http://www.doublehboots.com/ boots. Almost like cowboy boots, but not pointy. All leather, waterproof, windproof, slip resistant bottoms, and they are warm with wool socks. They are loose though, so there's no real ankle support to speak of, but you can wear them everywhere.

The pair that I have must have been on closeout, as they're not on their site. They are less cowboy boot then the majority of their products. I kinda' wish I had the cycle oriented boot, because they might fit better around the ankles (leather loosens up). All in all I'm happy with them.
MOzarkRider
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Region:: Tucked in the Corner
Motorcycles:: 92 Yamaha SecaII // 14KTM 200XCW

Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:14 pm

I wear a pair of Wolverine all leather boots.
boots.JPG
They have about 25g thinsulate in them so in the summer my feet sweat a little but for the rest of the year they are good. I bought them for about $130. They are soft toed all leather construction with a sole made from bleached used tire rubber so they are extra tough soles... They came with little whiskers like car tires, I have been wearing them for almost 6 months non stop and haven't wore the whiskers off yet. I walk quite a bit as well as ride so I wanted something that offered great protection, that wouldnt wear out, and that was comfortable on and off the bike. I am very happy with my investment I think they will last a while. And spray a little waterproofer on them and bam! waterproof too
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"A life you don't live is still lost" Goo Goo Dolls
"Its not about the years of your life its about the life in your years" Abraham Lincon
92' Yamaha Seca II
14' KTM 200XC-W
Brian
wtfranky22
One of the Regulars
One of the Regulars
Region:: Los Angeles
Motorcycles:: 92 yamaha seca II

Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:29 pm

hey forum I was wondering do they make riding boot that will potect my ankles that will look good in a suit??> :help:
MOzarkRider
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Region:: Tucked in the Corner
Motorcycles:: 92 Yamaha SecaII // 14KTM 200XCW

Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:36 pm

wtfranky22 wrote:hey forum I was wondering do they make riding boot that will potect my ankles that will look good in a suit??> :help:
This is a site that has everything you can think of... I usually do research on this site but look for prices in other locations like on ebay... but here is the boots page
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle-boots
"A life you don't live is still lost" Goo Goo Dolls
"Its not about the years of your life its about the life in your years" Abraham Lincon
92' Yamaha Seca II
14' KTM 200XC-W
Brian
1Oldman
XJ600 Master!
XJ600 Master!
Region:: West Coast
Motorcycles:: 1993 Yamaha Seca II

Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:54 pm

wtfranky22 wrote:hey forum I was wondering do they make riding boot that will potect my ankles that will look good in a suit??> :help:
These aren't really riding boots but they'd work with a suit.
http://www.onlineshoes.com/mens-rockpor ... igodigital&
Better to be over the hill than under it.

Navigation:

Search

Unread Posts

The Wall

Gallery

About Us