What do you guys keep under your seat?

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
draco751
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I'm just curious what everyone has under the seat of their bikes? I tend to like being prepared for as many things as I can be with in reason, so I snapped a few pictures of what I've got.

First is my GPS Tracking Device.

Along with that is of course the manual that came with the bike, registration, insurance, some zip ties, disc brake lock, shop grade paper towels, quick hand cleaner, and vinyl medical gloves all inside a ziplock bag. I keep the medical gloves because I've been first on scene to too many accidents that happen just moments before I drive up on them. Being the son of an EMT/EMS father, I've heard him preach all to many times about this.

Recently I added an air guage and a small air compressor I found at Wal-Mart for cheap that fits perfectly under the seat.

Usually I have my phone charger in my tank bag, but sometimes I leave that behind so I carry a backup battery/charger for my cell phone. It was cheap and holds a good charge for quite a while in a rather small package.

I plan on doing some more lengthy rides in the near future and I've found before in my previous Marine Corps days having some 550 cord (paracord) always comes in real handy, especially for holding down some gear, or maybe a falling part such as a fairing. The stuff I managed to find also had reflective stripe in it too, bonus!

They also make paracord in other colors including a bright neon reflective yellow.

So what else do you guys carry? Anyone think of something else I should add?
If I only had an hour to live I would spend it at work, because in there an hour feels like an eternity.

This topic has 38 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login