Helmet Visor Cleaning

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Rufjvm69
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

So, I was starting to notice some scratches and scuffs on my helmet visor. I got ambitious and attempted to clean/buff them out however....I made the mistake of using something a bit to abrasive. The result was getting rid of the major scratches but I swirled the visor so bad it was unusable even during normal daylight :wallbash: let alone night time riding with street lights/headlights. I was just going to get a new visor until I found out my helmet has been discontinued and the visor is no longer available. I ended up going to O'riley's and geting Meguire's PlastiX. I must say this stuff is amazing. It took me a long time and some good ole fashioned elbow grease but I was able to get my visor back to pretty good condition. It isn't perfect but it is acceptable. 5 Stars for this product for anyone needing a buffing compound for their helmet visor.

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login